Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cooties and Todays results

Mike came home sick today. I put him straight to bed. I just got off the phone with my dinner guests for tomorrow and it turns out that Rosa's husband is not feeling well either. So I guess tomorrow will just be Rosa and her 2 daughters and us. I will have plenty of leftovers.

So I made the adobo (quite yummy thanks Ashley) and it made about 10 servings. After dinner that leaves 7 helpings for Mike's lunch. The chicken cost me $13.00 which makes dinner tonight $1.30 serving. I am not including the seasonings or the rice because we buy rice in huge 50 lb bags (so what add a penny to the total for rice?) and I didn't want to bother with figuring out the cost of the vinegar and seasonings.

Spoke to my girlfriend, Nora, (actually her hubby, Rick, cause she was busy in the kitchen) and she said to add 1 Tbs of tapioca per cup of liquid in my apples. I am going to cook up my crisp before bedtime and will see how it turns out. Then I will prolly just serve this one tomorrow :) Kate refuses to eat apple crisp (weird weird girl) and so she is planning on having left over brownies from yesterday (she cooked them). I will hopefully post a pic or two of the crisp (the adobo while yummy wasn't very photogenic lol). Well I'm off to bake :) Good night all xox

No comments:

Post a Comment